Food dehydrators are starting to become hot ticket items to own at home these days because of what they are capable of. They give you the ability to dry meat, fruit or nearly anything else that fits into the food dehydrator (that’s edible) with many nutritional benefits. Some dehydrators work well and do the bare minimum job they are supposed to do which is drying food, but the Presto Dehydrator with an adjustable thermostat is on another level.
The Presto Dehydrator has six drying trays which can be expanded up to twelve trays for added capacity. The size of this dehydrator is 14.5 x 15 x 7.25 inches and weighs just 8.5 lbs without food and can easily fit on a kitchen counter without taking up much space.
What to know about the Presto 06302 Dehydrator
The Presto 060302 dehydrator comes with two non-stick mesh screens, ideal for small foods that could fall through larger drying grates or foods that may stick. It is best to use mesh screens when drying small foods and sticky fruits. These can include fruit rolls and strips from fresh, frozen, or canned fruit.
The higher you stack the trays in the Presto dehydrator with food, the slower the food dries which is something to keep in mind and to always make sure to check the food from each tray throughout the drying process.
This dehydrator is perfect for drying fruits, vegetables, herbs, spices, and even dog treats. It makes great jerky and fruit rolls too. Another addition that is included when purchasing the Presto 060302 dehydrator, is sample packets of jerky spice and cure. These are great for those who are new to drying meat but you can even attempt your own. Try some of these dry spice rubs recipes
Dries fruits and vegetables with no additives or preservatives. Dehydration maintains natural vitamins and minerals.
The Presto 06302 Features
- Temperature Selector
- The main feature of this dehydrator is that there is a temperature selector which can be set to drying temperatures between 90 degrees Fahrenheit to 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- this is a great value for the price because it does come with an adjustable thermostat included
- Because of the ability to adjust the thermostat, the Presto 06302 dehydrator can dry beef jerky in as little as a few hours
- Bottom mounted fan
- The bottom-mounted fan and heating element provide consistent air flow for optimum drying
- It’s expandable
- Six-tray system for dehydrating foods at a fraction of the cost of commercially dried foods with no additives or preservatives. The drying trays nest when not in use for over a 40% reduction in storage space. Expands up to 12 for added capacity.
- See-through lid
- The dehydrator has a see-through cover lets you monitor drying progress on top tray and drying trays and cover are fully immiscible and dishwasher safe.
- No additives
- It dries fruits and vegetables with no additives or preservatives. The dehydration process maintains natural vitamins and minerals within the food.
- Easy to clean
- Clean up is easy too, you can put the trays in the dishwasher or clean them by hand. It is recommended to use a small brush to do the inside of the trays. It’s easier than using a sponge or dishcloth.
Presto 06302 weaknesses and imperfections
No dehydrator is perfect and the Presto 060302 is included in that. According to user reviews, there are 3 main issues which are:
- Noisy fan
- The fans are quite noisy but don’t stop it from doing a great job. If you live in a small space, for example, a condo, this dehydrator might not be for you.
- Blows hot air
- The temperature adjustment can be a blessing and a curse. When the temperature is set to 160 Fahrenheit, it can blow hot air around for extended periods of time while drying the food so does have the potential to heat up a small room.
From these 3 imperfections, you can see that it has its minor drawbacks but the features and benefits outweigh these. It has an average review of 4.5 out of 5 stars on 186 reviews. The best part of the Presto 06302 is the adjustable thermostat and the value for what the food dehydrator costs. It dries food evenly and as long as it is cleaned on a regular basis, it will last for many years. For more reviews and how the Presto 06302 compares to other food dehydrators, follow this link!
For the Presto 06302 dehydrator manual for additional information goto the fruit dryer link here.