Ronco is an established brand known for assembling pocket-friendly and innovative kitchen products that are not too expensive. Food dehydrators are one of their brands designed to serve their purpose at an affordable price tag and they come in many different types.
The Ronco 5 Tray Electric Food Dehydrator is one of their most sold items and a popular Ronco dehydrator model. Well, it might have every feature compared to the other expensive models from other brands but it no doubt serves its purpose impeccably. It also guarantees the pleasure of allowing you to relish the multifarious advantages of homemade dehydrated food at a reasonable rate.
Why the Ronco 5-Tray Electric Food Dehydrator?
Buying a Ronco 5-Tray Electric Food Dehydrator is a long term investment towards having your personal and economical food as it will help you to save your money that might have been used on the purchase of store-bought dried food items.
Did I mention that this model helps you avoid preserving agents and the disproportionate salts and hazardous chemicals found in the commercially-prepared leather of fruits?
If you are looking to dehydrate semi-liquid foods like purees, then this appliance is best suited to perfectly optimize it. Moreover, it comes with an instruction booklet that gives a detailed guide that takes you through every step of the dehydration process. It also gives information regarding the ideal temperature that is required for preparing a particular food item.
Its price tag might surprise you but don’t let it. As cheap as it may be, you get what you pay for. As much as it’s the most affordable dehydrator you could get, it is quite an impeccable dehydrator still.
Fundamental Features of the Ronco 5-tray Electric Food Dehydrator
The dehydrator comes with fundamental features that will assist you in knowing this product in a better way.
- Five Switchable Trays
The Ronco 5-Tray Electric Food Dehydrator comes with five switchable trays that offer you unparalleled flexibility during the preparation of snacks. It also offers extra space requirement on the countertop of your kitchen.
- Heating Source
Given that the appliance is equipped with 5 tray design, the heating source in this food dehydrator is located at the bottom. This feature is important as it ensures all the trays get equivalent heating. It’s even more advantageous given that the heat from the bottom source offers natural flow with the mounting hot air. It also provides even distribution of the heat that spread all over the trays and the entire food gets perfectly dehydrated.
- Dehydrate Diversity of Food
Looking for a dehydrator that can dry out different types of food items? Bingo! The various trays of the Ronco 5-Tray Electric Food Dehydrator can dry different varieties of food by providing even distribution of the heat to all the contents on the trays. You can make use of every single tray to make a different type of food that will be loved by your family and friends.
- Cylindrical Shape
The appliance comes in a cylindrical shape; this gives the advantage of producing a vacuum to exploit the efficiency and dry out the food faster. This feature comes handy for those who have a hectic schedule or are constrained of time as besides dehydrating the food well, it also saves time.
- Compact Size
While dehydrating the variety of food items, people usually mess up their kitchen, but now this worry has a new solution. Since the Ronco FD1005WHGEN 5-Tray Electric Food Dehydrator can easily get fit on the counter-top of your kitchen, it becomes easy to keep your kitchen well organized. Due to the appropriate size of the appliance, you can keep it in the less area space also.
- Instructional Guidebook
The appliance comes with an instructional guidebook that can assist you during the process, especially for beginners. This way, you can easily prepare a variety of healthy foods quickly.
- Drying Period
With the Ronco 5-Tray Electric, drying your food takes about 1 to 3 days for drying out the food. However, this also depends on the type of food you are drying. The interesting bit is that it provides a stress-free way to have a constant supply of healthy appetizers for your family members and also saves you money by enabling you stock snacks for the whole year.
- Distribution of Heat
The dehydrator has electrical heating loops that are intended to create a convection flow of air. With the heating wire placed at the most bottom area, a more uniformed distribution of heat is guaranteed. This allows you to dehydrate different food items on every single tray with perfection.
Technical specifications of Ronco 5-Tray Electric Food Dehydrator
- It is a stack-able dehydrator in which you can keep your food items in various trays during the dehydrating process.
- The maximum temperature range is 133°F which is adequate for perfect dehydration of the food.
- The dimensions of this food dehydrator are 13 x 13 x 12 inches that makes it a compact size appliance for your kitchen.
- The wattage is 125 watts which leads to the very less consumption of electricity.
- It comes with a one-year limited period warranty
- It weighs only 5.3 pounds which enables you to easily move from one place to another.
- Works quietly meaning the drying process can take place at night without inconveniencing the family.
- It has a catchy and elegant design that can lighten up your kitchen.
The advantages are numerous. It, however, has a few setbacks you need to be aware of before making a purchase.
- Its holes are much nearer to each other as compared to the other similar models. This makes the food dehydrator a bit tougher to clean also, so you have to spend some extra time cleaning this appliance.
- Advisable that sometimes you do not dry Foodstuffs together at one point; especially those that have different smells, for instance – if you dehydrate herbs as well as Turkey jerky, then the smell of the herbs can be easily caught by the bananas. This may lead to the destruction of the natural taste of the turkey jerky.
- The appliance takes long to dry food which may also lead to more electricity consumption of electricity.
- This food dehydrator has a pre-set temperature of 133 degrees which cannot be increased. This means it is not ideal for food items that require a high temperature then.
- It lacks an adjustable thermostat feature meaning you will have to constantly rotate the trays for the evenly drying of food.
- The material that is used to manufacture the 5-Tray Electric Food Dehydrator is not of good quality. It starts melting and cracking after using the appliance for some time. The trays are also delicate and cannot serve you longer.
The 5-Tray Electric Food Dehydrator not only does a great job at preserving your herbs, veggies, fruits, and meats, it also doubles as a yogurt maker. It also dries bananas, cherries, turkey jerky, beef jerky and any other food you want to dehydrate. You just have to cut the food and place it in the trays. Food is dried evenly and on time, saving you money and time on making your favorite snacks.